Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gunners, I am coming for you...

OK, here is something I've learned lately. I hate questions. I really, really hate them. People that interrupt lecture time to ask questions - I really hate those people. And it's weird, because I'm not really that hateful of a person. But when it comes to questions in lecture, I have zero tolerance. To me, this comes down to the following: lecture (and histopathology lab, et al) is a time for information dispensing in the most efficient manner possible. It's a time for absorption. Not talking. Put your hand down, no one cares. If you have a question, think about it for a little while and either email the professor or put it on the student discussion board later. Later when I'm unwinding and not thinking about vesicles and bullae. Later when I'm reviewing the material and deciding when I want YOUR FUCKING OPINION OH MY GOD WILL YOU PLEASE PUT YOUR FUCKING HAND DOWN PLEASE THANK YOU. The way I see it, so many of the questions in lecture - not all, because sometimes (when USC's campus freezes over, that is) clarification is necessary - are just opportunities for people to think out-loud. And in the most egregious cases, these in-lecture queries are just opportunities for people to effectively offer fellatio to a faculty member.

A few other things:

- Stop clapping after lectures. Seriously.

- Oh really? That's your subspecialty? Funny how you could decide on what you want to do before learning about it ONE BIT.

- You know, maybe, just maybe, the answer to the question is a little more complicated than you think it is. And in that case, maybe you should recognize that your half-assed pre-med explanations are actually stupid. You should read up, or at least acknowledge that you are bullshitting through your hindgut. Stop justifying your own stupidity. At least I am willing to acknowledge I don't know shit.

- I don't curr. Whatever it is, I really don't. So stop asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment