Thursday, March 18, 2010

the equinox

I woke up this morning and realized that my bedroom’s sliding glass door was wide open. I left the door open, put on a tank top and pair of shorts, ate my breakfast, and had an amazing “commute” to school on my bike. The sun was really sunny. The breeze was really breezy.

If yesterday and today and tomorrow are signs of what is to come – when spring is in full swing and the fever is full blown – then Yippee-ki-yay. Spring is going to be nice. Summer will be nice too. But winter wasn’t that bad. Sure we had some rain, some wind, and some cloudy days in LA. But let’s celebrate anyway: the good, the slow, and the non-idyllic times passed. Let’s take a moment and appreciate everything wonderful around us. This Saturday the earth and sun will dance, like they have been for more years than I count, and at 1:32 PM EDT they will pause to change hands. The sun’s leading the earth, but it takes more than one (us included!) to tango.

No comments:

Post a Comment