Sunday, June 05, 2011

Out of the woodwork

Many congratulations to all the newly minted MDs and PhDs. A specific shout-out goes to ours truly, Chuck C, who finished his PhD at a torrid pace. Chuck, a job well done; now on to the wards and more boards! I haven't garnered any degrees yet. I did finish my first year of graduate school, though, which I'd like to think is a milestone. I don't have much to show on paper for this past year, but I've gleaned that this is quite typical.
As Chuck has alluded to in previous posts, graduate school is a time of personal growth inside and outside the lab. Some times the inside-the-lab growth bleeds into the outside-the-lab growth and vice versa-- I've had a lot of time to think about science, myself, and the people close to me. While I believe that this type of introspection and learning correlates with age and the reflection of our collected experiences, graduate schools feels like an incubator for these personal exercises. This is my personal experience, though. Unfortunately I do not have parallel-universe-Anthony controls. And I'd love to share examples with you, but I can't. It's not that I'm unwilling to share. It's more like I don't know how to share-- I'm in the midst of it.
With that said, I bid this blog adios. I will make no promises to post more consistently. I've already broken that promise. I will post when I can. Till the next time, Anthony.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Anthony, for your kind words of congratulation. Looking forward to hearing your perspectives over time. Yes, no promises. Just share when you are so moved. No more, no less.

    ReplyDelete